|phone||866-723-9806 (Toll Free)|
John Patrick Pratt received his Bachelors of Arts from Florida State University with honors in 1994. He graduated from Tulane University School of Law, receiving his juris doctor degree in 1997. Mr. Pratt also studied abroad at the University of Paris, and is fluent in Spanish. Mr. Pratt is admitted to the bar of the State of Florida, District of Columbia, United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida, United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit, United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, and United States Supreme Court. He is a member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association, and the American Bar Association.
Mr. Pratt has appeared numerous times on local, national, and international television as a commentator analyzing immigration and nationality law matters. He is a frequent speaker in immigration matters in national and local conferences. In addition, Mr. Pratt's biography has been selected for inclusion in Who's Who in American Law, Who's Who in America, Who's Who in the World, and the South Florida Legal Guide selected him as an Up-and-Coming Attorney. Furthermore, has been selected as one of the top attorneys in Immigration and Nationality law by the publication Best Lawyers in America and is AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell that indicates the highest level of legal ability & ethics.
Mr. Pratt concentrates in all areas of immigration and nationality law, including employment based immigrant and nonimmigrant petitions, deportation or removal, and federal court litigation.
Getting the Facts on Your Client: FOIA and Criminal Records Searches, Immigration and Nationality Law Handbook, American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA), 2005-06 Ed., pp. 53-66 (2005).
Cancellation of Removal of Non-Lawful Permanent Residents, Immigration and Nationality Law Handbook, AILA, 2004-05 Ed., pp. 143-149 (2004).
Non-immigrant Waivers Under Section 212(d)(3) of the immigration and Nationality Act, 26th Annual Immigration Law Update, Florida Bar and AILA, pp. 9.1-9.15 (2005).
Naturalization and Denaturalization, 24th Annual Immigration Law Update, Florida Bar and AILA, pp. 10.1-10.15 (2003).
- Areas of Practice:
- Administrative Law
- Business Organizations
- Constitutional Law
- Criminal Law
- Employment Law -- Employee
- Employment Law -- Employer
- Family Law
- Immigration & Naturalization Law
- Bar Admissions:
- Florida, 1998
- District of Columbia, 1999
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida, 1998
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 1998
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 2002
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2001
- Tulane Law School, New Orleans, Louisiana,
- Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL, USA,
- Classes/Seminars Taught:
- Motions to Reopen & Reconsider: Strategies That Work, 2009 AILA Annual Immigration Law Update
- Update on Relief from Removal: 212(h), 212(i), 237(a)(1)(H), & Cancellation of Removal, 30th Annual Immigration Law Update
- Applying for Relief before the Courts, USCIS, or Consulates, 29th Annual Immigration Law Update
- Featured speaker at the 26th and 24th Annual Immigration Law Update on 2005 and 2003, respectively, Florida Bar and the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA)
- Featured speaker at the 2005 and 2004 Annual Immigration Seminar, American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA)
- I-601 Waiver Workshop: How to Prepare & File Documentation, 2007 AILA Annual Conference on Immigration Law
- BIA & Federal Court Update: Strategies for Dealing with Bad Precedent - Business & Enforcement, 28th Annual Immigration Law Update
- The Road to Naturalization, AILA Fundamentals Conference
- Naturalization or Derivative Status, 2003 AILA Annual Conference on Immigration Law
- Honors and Awards:
- Certified by the Florida Bar as a "Specialist" in Immigration and Nationality Law
- Florida Monthly Magazine as one of Florida's Top Lawyers, 2008
- Best Lawyers in America - Immigration, 2005 - 2009
- Who's Who in American Law; The Marquis Who's Who Publication Board, 2002, 2005, 2009
- Who's Who in the World
- Top Up & Comers - Attorney, South Florida Legal Guide, 2008, 2009
- AV Peer Review Rated - Preeminent Rating Ethics & Legal Ability; Martindale-Hubbell
- Who's Who Legal-Official Research Partner of the International Bar Association, Law Business Research Ltd., 2008
- Board Certification in Immigration & Nationality Law, The Florida Bar, 2005
- Legal Guide - South Florida Top Lawyers