Kurzban Kurzban Weinger Tetzeli and Pratt P.A. is a "boutique" litigation firm, based in Miami, Florida, but representing clients in cases across the United States and throughout the world. The firm has achieved great success in the areas of U.S. immigration law, personal injury, business and commercial law, and complex civil litigation. The entire legal team has built and maintained a reputation for excellence by concentrating its energy and experience into these channels.
Civil Litigation At Its Best
Our nationally and internationally renowned lawyers have achieved record-breaking recoveries for clients and have established many legal precedents through their appellate work. (Visit our verdicts and settlements page for examples of our firm's success in fighting for our clients and our appellate decisions page for examples of legal precedents and key victories accomplished by our lawyers.
Our firm has grown to more than 10 attorneys, each of whom has made a mark on the Florida legal system. Our attorneys are consistently listed in the Best Lawyers in America, the International Who's Who of Business Lawyers, the Who's Who of the World, the Who's Who of America, Strathmore's Who's Who, and the South Florida Legal Guide as South Florida's most prominent attorneys. Yet we never let our acclaim get in the way of personal service; every client receives close, individualized attention from our skilled attorneys.
- The founding and managing partner, Marvin Kurzban , has been representing plaintiffs in a variety of types of personal injury lawsuits since 1970. His litigation successes have established records for medical malpractice and personal injury cases. Among his more celebrated cases are numerous suits against state and federal government agencies.
- Firm Co-Founding Partner, Ira J. Kurzban , has been recognized by the National Law Journal, the American Lawyer, Newsweek, Time, and Esquire magazines for his public interest trial work in the immigration field on behalf of refugees seeking asylum in the United States. Mr. Kurzban was instrumental in revolutionizing immigration law, helping change it from a small area of law to a legal field that helps thousands of individuals and businesses make positive contributions to American society. He is the author of Kurzban's Immigration Law Sourcebook, the authoritative text referenced by other attorneys, officials and judges.
- Partner Steven M. Weinger is a seasoned litigator with a broad trial practice in business and civil litigation. He represents parties in disputes involving commercial law and contracts, business torts, real estate transactions, construction law, insurance, intellectual property, employment, health care, and professional negligence and fraud claims. Mr. Weinger is also nationally known for his work preserving and expanding services for individuals with developmental disabilities.
- Partner Jed Kurzban is an accomplished trial lawyer, concentrating in medical malpractice, product liability and personal injury with impressive results in cases nationwide. He has performed as co-counsel in several major litigation cases, held leadership positions in the Dade County Bar Association Trial Section and the Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers, and has helped craft and lobby for important legislation that protects the injured.
- Partner Helena Tetzeli has made a name for herself in the immigration field and represents many individuals and organizations in various civil, commercial and immigration matters. She was recognized as one of the country's best lawyers in the publication " The Best Lawyers in America" in the field of Immigration Law.
- Partner John Pratt concentrates in all areas of immigration and nationality law, including employment-based immigrant and nonimmigrant petitions, deportation or removal, and federal court litigation.
You would be hard-pressed to find a more passionate, experienced group of attorneys in Florida. To learn more about our partners or read about the firm's other talented lawyers, please visit their bios through the links below. Better yet, contact us today in order to learn more about our firm and get in touch personally with the attorney who is highly equipped to represent you in your legal matter.
To schedule an appointment with an attorney at Kurzban Kurzban Weinger Tetzeli and Pratt P.A., call our Miami law office at 786-401-4706. We proudly provide aggressive advocacy and exceptional civil litigation success.